Topic: Author Interview
1. What three words best describe you?
Three words: stubborn, determined, and head strong
2. Please tell us what you are most passionate about outside of writing.
Ancient history, especially Mayan and Egyptian mythology
3. Do you have any pets? If so, introduce us to them.
Oh yes, I have a three month old cocker spaniel, named D. J., named for my husband, David. D. J. stands for David Junior. I recently had a seven year old Jack Russell Terrier named Jack, by my Japanese step-mother, Jack was diabetic and died May 19th, so my husband got me D. J. for my anniversary.
4. What is your most precious memory?
The most precious memory I have is from 1964, when my mom took me to the World's Fair in New York City. This is a very precious memory because in 1965 she died, and I was only eight.
5. What is your most embarrassing memory?
When I was five, my grandmother took me to the grocery store, she yelled " Fire", them ran leaving me in the grocery aisle, all by myself, when everyone came running and all they saw was me. My grandmother was in the adjacent aisle laughing.
6. If you weren't a writer, what would you be doing with your life?
All I want to be is happy; what ever would make me happy
7. Can you describe the time you realized you were indeed a "real" writer?
I have been writing for about 5 years now, about four years ago, I woke up and the only thing on my mind was writing, that was all I could think about, so that's when I knew, I was destined to be a writer.
8. What is going on with your writing these days?
I am working on the final book of my fantasy series Of Atlantis, then I have 4 more novels planned with my publisher, A, G. Press, as well as a poetry book ever so often. I signed a life time contract with them
9. What are your future goals for your writing?
I want to see Of Atlantis go to the big screen. Almost every one knows Atlantis, but my books are unique, as the story idea, has never been done before.
10. Can you describe a typical writing day for you?
I do my best writing when David and D. J. are asleep. I get up before they do, then I can write before they get up. I write a poem a day, so I don't become bogged down. I try to write a passage in my series each day; right now I'm a year ahead of myself.
11. Why do you write?
I write mainly because it is a passion, also having no children, I always wanted to leave a part of myself behind, I couldn't do it through my children, but I can through my writing.
12. What writer most inspires you? Why?
Edgar Allan Poe, he was a genius. He also wrote short stories, poetry and novels, just like me. Poe and I had a lot in common the way the coarse of our lives ran.
13. How do you define your writing?
I don't want to sound conceited but some once told me I was the product of what you get when you mix Robert Browning with Edgar Allan Poe. That was the best compliment, I ever had.
14. In one sentence-what do you want people to say about your writing in fifty years?
I want to be synonymous with Of Atlantis, like George Lucas is with Star Wars or Gene Roddenbury is with Star Trek
15. Can you tell us where to find more information on you? Website? Blog?
http://lanaiaslair.com/ (sign my guest book)
16. Is there a place where readers can reach you?
I am pretty much always on line writing, promoting, etc. e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Can you list all your book titles so people can look for them?
Out now one book of poetry Within the Garden of Lanaia's Darkness and Of Atlantis volume one
18. For new readers-what can they expect when they read your book(s)?
My books contain a little of something for everyone. My poetry, even though dark, is not blood and gore, I don't consider that a art. My poetry is like the horror movies of the 30's and 40.s, just plain scary. Now Of Atlantis is my baby, it's a lot of my own personal opinions in this series. They will take you on a ride, escaping from this terror filled world, if only for a short time.
19. Take as much space as necessary to speak to our readers-what would you like them to know about you and your writing?
I would like everyone to know, I am just a person like everyone else, even though I travel on wheels instead of legs. I am a very strong woman that has survived a lot. Give my writing a chance, read it and just like everyone that reads it, they say they are hooked. I hope my books, and the story of my life, there will be something for everyone. And thank you for taking the time to talk with me. I hope I gave you some in sight into Lanaia Lee and Of Atlantis.