Kari Thomas the person:
1. What three words do you think describe you as a human being?
Sensitive. Persistent. Caring.
2. How do you think others would describe you?
The same as #1. My nickname is "Kare-Bear". And <grin> I think they would add the descriptive STUBBORN!
3. Please tell us what you are most passionate about outside of writing.
Humanity. I think we're in a "bad" place right now and we all need to realize that there is a solution as long as we can manage to "come together".
4. Do you have any pets? If so, introduce us to them.
"Sweet Pea" is a toy poodle who is spoiled beyond redemption! She thinks she was a Princess in a former life and thus should still be treated like one.
5. What is your most precious memory?
Wow-that's a hard question! I really have TOO many to list as just one specific!
6. What is your most embarrassing memory?
Uh Oh! Has anyone ever answered THIS question honestly?? Okay, my most recent was when I stayed all day at the Mall shopping. I kept getting stares. I thought: "hmmm. This blouse color must look good on me." Turns out that I later discovered my jeans had a RIP in the butt and my panties were showing through! Argh!
7. If you weren't a writer, what would you be doing with your life?
I always wanted to be an Archaeologist. The idea of discovering parts of History are really fascinating.
8. In two paragraphs or less write your obituary.
"Kari Thomas died peacefully in her sleep. She was a daughter, sister, aunt, and an author. She could never tell you which of those she enjoyed being the most."
Kari Thomas the writer:
9. Can you describe the time you realized you were indeed a "real" writer?
When I wrote my first "story" in 2nd grade after reading "The Hobbit". Mine was more romantic, so I thought it best if I made sure that romance played a part in every story! I told everyone my romantic story was going to be famous one day!
10. What is going on with your writing these days?
I'm in the middle of editing three separate books. My first book, "Temptation Unleashed" is being Re-released May 2008 with Samhain Publishing. My second, "Hunted Mate" is being released in June 2008 with Black Lyon Publishing. My third, "Seducing The Hero" has just been accepted by The Wild Rose Press for Summer 2008 publication. Next, I'm plotting out ideas for a trilogy.
11. What are your future goals for your writing?
I HOPE to write ALL the stories running around in my imagination, eventually, and see them all published.
12. Can you describe a typical writing day for you?
1) Get Up. 2) Make the coffee. 3) Fight with Sweet Pea and keep insisting that she does NOT need a huge breakfast. 4) Turn on computer. 5) Answer all emails. 6) WRITE, WRITE, WRITE.
13. Why do you write?
It keeps me sane! LOL! Actually, I have never wanted to do anything else for as long as I can remember. It's a wonderful, fulfilling experience to bring stories, and characters, to life.
14. What writer most inspires you? Why?
I am a member of NARWA (Northern Arizona RWA) and we have two prolific authors: Rita Rainville and Joan Elliott Pickart. They're dear friends whom I admire so much. I tell them all the time: "I wanna be like you when I grow up"! Rita has this wonderful talent of bringing characters to life, and Joan can make a story read like a movie. If I can accomplish both those talents with my own writing, then I'll be happy.
15. How do you define your writing?
I've been told it's sensual and page turning! I have a quote on my website from a reader who says it's "unique and has the feeling of old world era yet in modern times." I think that's what makes my Paranormal plots different from others.
16. In one sentence-what do you want people to say about your writing in fifty years?
"She was one of my favorite authors!"
Kari Thomas the details:
17. Can you tell us where to find more information on you? Website? Blog?
I have a website: http://www.authorkari.com/
And I have "Author Page" (s) on the Publisher sites where I am one of their authors: Samhain, The Wild Rose Press, and Black Lyon.
18. Is there a place where readers can reach you?
My author email is: email@example.com
19. Can you list all your book titles so people can look for them?
"Temptation Unleashed" Samhain Publishing
"Hunted Mate" Black Lyon Publishing
"Seducing The Hero" The Wild Rose Press
20. For new readers-what can they expect when they read your book(s)?
My favorite genre is Paranormal, so all my stories have this element. And definitely lots of ROMANCE!
21. Take as much space as necessary to speak to our readers-what would you like them to know about you and your writing?
I love Romance books, all genres! I am a "book-a-holic" with over 3,000 books in my personal library. I think the Paranormal Genre is very popular right now, but I want my books to stand out --- so I make them "different" from the norm that's out there for now. I love heroes that are Alpha and heroines that are just as strong. I try to make all my characters as life-like as possible and each story/plot unique. I hope readers will enjoy my books and look forward to my future ones.