Reader’s Club Guide
- Given the nature of storms, do you feel Storm was aptly named? Why or why not?
- What do you believe caused Sam, a lifelong bachelor, to take on raising a baby at
his stage of life?
- There were several places in Mary’s life where a different decision could have
taken her in another direction. What were those points and why do you believe
she chose as she did?
- Jane’s neighbors had to have noticed something “different” in her
home. Why do you think nobody stepped in to help?
- Who was Jane’s “special friend”?
Was he real or merely a way for her to cope with her life?
- Can a jaded minister like Francis inspire a congregation or is it the congregation
that keeps a preacher inspired? Can you recall a time when what appeared less
was actually more?
- Do you believe couples that go through many difficult times over a fifty-year period,
like Clara and Robert had, become so close they literally can’t live without each other?
After reading Clara’s letter, what do you believe happened to Robert?
- Dan suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder.
What is it, in your opinion that allows some people to return from war seemingly untouched, while others never completely
- Why did Matt and Jeff have to have their argument in such an out-of-the-way place?
- Do you believe Matt was trying to help Storm or did he just get scared and do the
first thing he could think of?
- Why do you think people reacted as they did to Storm’s announcement of his identity?
- What significance does the railroad track have?
- Were the music and colors dreams, hallucinations or visions?
- Why do you feel Nizhoni smelled of lilacs and was it important that Storm noticed
- How would you have ended Storm’s journey differently?