Topic: Author Interview
Bradley J. Simpson the person:
1. What three words do you think describe you as a human being?
Annoying, Caring, Dreamer
2. How do you think others would describe you?
Geek, Annoying, Hyper
3. Please tell us what you are most passionate about outside of writing.
My family. I have walked dark roads that should never be crossed to earn the right to be happy.
4. Do you have any pets? If so, introduce us to them.
Afraid not. Although I did have a cat when I lived with my parents.
5. What is your most precious memory?
A sweet summer wind rustling through a forest.
6. What is your most embarrassing memory?
Pants ripped out at work, I have a distinctive derrire.
7. If you weren’t a writer, what would you be doing with your life?
I probably would have fallen into quiet misery. Writing brings my 'wild' talent under control.
8. In two paragraphs or less write your obituary.
Eh, I feel too much negative energy in this question. I could probably write out a good one. However I am not in the mood to tempt fate at this time.
Bradley J. Simpson the writer:
9. Can you describe the time you realized you were indeed a “real” writer?
When I stated revisin my first work. It dawned on me that I was relearning all those crazy grammar skills from grade school.
10. What is going on with your writing these days?
I got lots of writing partners and a personal work that is deep and emotional. Beauty and the Beast type storyline.
11. What are your future goals for your writing?
Lots of books! I will become a creative dynamo!
12. Can you describe a typical writing day for you?
Lots of little bits at a time, Plenty of Brainstorming.
13. Why do you write?
My muse will not be denied.
14. What writer most inspires you? Why?
Michael Moorecock. The depth of his characters are endlessly fascinating.
15. How do you define your writing?
Slightly humourous and always entertaining. =)
16. In one sentence—what do you want people to say about your writing in fifty years?
A well-loved classic. A must read. =)
Bradley J. Simpson the details:
17. Can you tell us where to find more information on you? Website? Blog?
Yahoo Group I own, or my myspace page. www.myspace.com/dreamsbane
18. Is there a place where readers can reach you?
19. Can you list all your book titles so people can look for them?
Dreamsbane of Tamalor
20. For new readers—what can they expect when they read your book(s)?
A fanciful escape from reality.
21. Take as much space as necessary to speak to our readers—what would you like them to know about you and your writing?
Well, I am 34 years old. I live in Michigan and I write primarily fantasy. I am planning on branching out into romantic fantasy in my next work. Dreamsbane will always be close to my heart, but it is onwards and upwards from here. My heart Stacy and my son Coale are always inspiring me to work harder to prove for our future. I want my son to be able to say, My daddy is a great writer! =)