Topic: Author Interview
Violette L. Reid the person:
1. What three words do you think describe you as a human being?
Smart, funny, and kind
2. How do you think others would describe you?
Attractive, understanding, smart
3. Please tell us what you are most passionate about outside of writing.
I love to dance, read, travel, meet new people and just experience life!
4. Do you have any pets? If so, introduce us to them.
No. I am not an animal person.
5. What is your most precious memory?
That is hard. I have a lot of precious memories. I guess the most precious are the births of my children.
6. What is your most embarrassing memory?
Wow. That is hard also. I guess it would be when I was in 9th grade and fell down in front of the entire school.
7. If you weren't a writer, what would you be doing with your life?
Working somewhere in cooperate America pulling my hair out.
8. In two paragraphs or less write your obituary.
Violette Reid was a proud mother and loving wife. She was one of the most influential creative writers in world history and leaves a legacy that is unsurpassed by human imagination. She leaves behind a large loving family and zillions of fans. LOL I don't know. I would not want to write my own obituary. I would want the people who loved me to do it.
Violette L. Reid the writer:
9. Can you describe the time you realized you were indeed a "real" writer?
When I had to write a novella in college and made an A on it.
10. What is going on with your writing these days?
I am working on about four books at once. Got a little attention problem. LOL I am also trying to keep up with my monthly newsletter.
11. What are your future goals for your writing?
To get on the best seller list and to have people to truly love my work.
12. Can you describe a typical writing day for you?
I just pick up my laptop and let my imagination flow.
13. Why do you write?
It makes me happy. It is an outlet. I love to have the ability to create a whole new world.
14. What writer most inspires you? Why?
Latif Reid. He is an unknown poet and his lyrical abilities are so amazing. When I read or listen to his poetry, I am enthralled by the concepts and images that he comes up with. He makes me angry that I didn't think of it first! LOL
15. How do you define your writing?
Imaginative, strange, beautiful, out of this world, supernatural, just plain me!
16. In one sentence-what do you want people to say about your writing in fifty years?
Violette Reid is the very best at what she does and there is no one like her.
Violette L. Reid the details:
17. Can you tell us where to find more information on you? Website? Blog?
18. Is there a place where readers can reach you?
19. Can you list all your book titles so people can look for them?
Violette Ardor: A Volume of Poetry (In stores and online NOW!), The First Chronicle of Zayashariya: Out of Night (Coming March 2008)
20. For new readers-what can they expect when they read your book(s)?
An adventure. The can expect to read a clean but interesting story unlike any other and a book full of wild and creative characters.
21. Take as much space as necessary to speak to our readers-what would you like them to know about you and your writing?
I would like you to know that I love my craft and that I do my very best to create stories that are intriguing from start to finish. Original concepts are important to me and I promise that each story will introduce the reader to new twists and turns.