Topic: Author Interview
Jamieson Wolf the person
1. What three words do you think describe you as a human being?
Kind, Optimistic, Eccentric
2. How do you think others would describe you?
Someone with a good sense of humor and a happy outlook on life.
3. Please tell us what you are most passionate about outside of writing.
That would have to be reading. I love books, LOVE them. I think books are probably the closest thing I have to an addiction. LOL
4. Do you have any pets? If so, introduce us to them.
I have an eleven year old cat named Mave. She's a tortishell calico and she thinks she's people.
5. What is your most precious memory?
The first time I met my husband and realized that true love did indeed exist.
6. What is your most embarrassing memory?
Having someone put two wasps in my hair in front of the entire class and me not knowing. I put my hands into my hair to scratch (something felt weird there) and the two wasps stung me. I started screaming (of course) and the entire class laughed. Not fun but kind of funny looking back on it.
7. If you weren't a writer, what would you be doing with your life?
Hopefully I'd be an actor; it's what I wanted to be before writing took over my life. A boy can dream can't he?
8. In two paragraphs or less write your obituary.
New York Times Best Selling author Jamieson Wolf passed away last night due to natural causes at the age of one hundred and two. Having won the Nobel Prize for literature, the loss of such a writer will be felt the world over.
Jamieson was well known in literature circles, having had three of his books chosen for Oprah's Book Club. He was also a devoted humanitarian having created schools for the less fortunate to help them with their writing.
He is survived by his husband and his small pug dog Bongo. He will be sorely missed.
Jamieson Wolf the writer:
9. Can you describe the time you realized you were indeed a "real" writer?
I was eighteen. I had just written my first short story. One of my friends read it and called me the new Charles de Lint. I realized that writing could be more than a hobby. It could be my career. I haven't looked back since!
10. What is going on with your writing these days?
Well I've been working hard on a few romance novels. Valentine was published in February. My contemporary romance, Finding Beauty, will be published later this year. I'm working on finishing up a Halloween themed paranormal romance and then I have to get to work on the sequel to Valentine, Valentine's Promise. Always so much going on and not enough time to do it in.
11. What are your future goals for your writing?
I'd love to write a longer length work and have an idea for it. I'd love to have a book published in hard cover. I'd love to have a book available in a bookstore. I would love to write full time. Really, I just want to make sure I keep writing.
12. Can you describe a typical writing day for you?
Well, I work during the day from 8-4pm, so I usually write when I get home for a couple hours and then write quite a bit on the weekends. I write whenever I can. I'd love to write full time and have an actual routine for my writing, but that will come.
13. Why do you write?
Because I have to. If I didn't write, I am pretty sure that I would go more crazy than I already am. LOL
14. What writer most inspires you? Why?
Everything inspires me. Conversation, music, people. Inspiration is all around us if we're willing to take a look. And why? Well, why not? Life is an inspiration so if I'm living it, I might as well take something from it.
15. How do you define your writing?
As paranormal or speculative fiction with a bit of spice.
16. In one sentence-what do you want people to say about your writing in fifty years?
Jamieson Wolf's writing touched the emotions, made me laugh, cry and want more.
Jamieson Wolf the details:
17. Can you tell us where to find more information on you? Website? Blog?
Sure I can!
You can find my web site at http://www.jamiesonwolf.com/
And you can find my blog at http://www.jamiesonwolf.blogspot.com/
You can also sign up for my mailing list here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Jamieson_Wolf/
18. Is there a place where readers can reach you?
Yep! You can find my email address at my web site. I always love hearing from readers so don't be shy!
19. Can you list all your book titles so people can look for them?
Sure I can! All of the following books are available at http://www.amazon.com/
The Ghost Mirror
Light in the City of Shadows
A Quiet Storm
Letting the Mind Wander
Valentine and the forthcoming Finding Beauty can be found at Cobblestone Press here: http://www.cobblestonepress.com/ or here: http://www.cobblestone-press.com/catalog/author/jamiesonwolf.htm
20. For new readers-what can they expect when they read your book(s)?
You can expect well developed characters, a thrilling plot and a touch magic or the paranormal. Combine that all with a happy ending and you're all set!
21. Take as much space as necessary to speak to our readers-what would you like them to know about you and your writing?
I'm a down to earth person who needs to write. It is the air I breathe and the food for my soul. I write not because I want to but because I have to.
My writing is my imagination having fun on the page. When you read one of my books, you're in for a good time that will hopefully touch your emotions and leave you wanting more.