I have been tagged by Cheryl Malandrinos to come up with eight unique things about me that others may not know. So here goes....
1. The very first book I remember reading is Opalina by Peggy Bacon. I must have read the book at least thirty times and would love to find a copy now to share with my son.
2. My first short story is still sitting in a folder having never been shared with anyone. The MC is named Adil and he's sixteen years old and fighting in a war.
3. I never saw a television program until I was ten years old--it was on a black and white television and was Clambake, starring Elvis Presley.
4. The very first song I learned all the words to was Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell.
5. I have petted a lion. There was a very old one at our local zoo when I was little. He had lost all his teeth and he would allow visitors to reach out and pet him. It was an amazing experience.
6. I got my first job at the age of ten (a paper route) and worked at one job or another from then until I was 36 and had to go on disability. Of all the jobs I held, the receptionist for the casket convention was the most interesting.
7. My favorite way to lift my mood is to put on Carman's R.I.O.T. as loud as I can and dance.
8. I still have the original Bible that was given to me when I was seven years old. It has the plain black cover and was given to me by my grandmother's next door neighbor, Helen Bowles.