Topic: Author Interview
Cheryl Dragon the person:
1. What three words do you think describe you as a human being?
Romantic, Introverted, Sarcastic
2. How do you think others would describe you?
Dependable, Quiet, Sarcastic
3. Please tell us what you are most passionate about outside of writing.
TV/movies...love story telling in any form.
4. Do you have any pets? If so, introduce us to them.
My cat is named Q (after a star trek character who is omnipotent). She was born deaf with albino features (pure white, pink undertone and very light sensitive). She's a spoiled housecat who thinks the world revolves around her...and while she can't hear a word she can make a lot of noise when she wants to be heard.
5. What is your most precious memory?
At my grandmother's home when I was a little girl and she was alive.
6. What is your most embarrassing memory?
I write erotic romance...the research can be very interesting and X-rated and that's all I'm sayingJ
7. If you weren't a writer, what would you be doing with your life?
By day I'm an accountant so I'd still be doing that and have a lot more free time.
8. In two paragraphs or less write your obituary.
Cheryl Dragon died New Year Day, eighty five years to the date of her birth. She is survived by her sister, nieces, and nephews as well as her collected works of writing. After a life of writing romance, she ironically never married and kept to herself in the Chicagoland area witnessing the miracle of the Cubs winning the World Series!
Cheryl Dragon the writer:
9. Can you describe the time you realized you were indeed a "real" writer?
I got a "real" accounting job after college and found not writing made me frustrated and anxious. I need the creative outlet. I knew I was a real writer when I found the erotic romance genre and people really responded.
10. What is going on with your writing these days?
Where do I start? A lot of erotic romance is coming in 2008. I'm booked with EC through December!
In January I released Vegas Style, a contemporary about a wedding planner in Vegas who doesn't believe in marriage but men are good for only one thing.
In February I have my first erotica release, a paranormal titled Black on Blonde.
In April I'll release Inking Aaron with Loose Id, a m/m multicultural that includes tattoos and temptation.
For all my releases and books coming soon...please visit my website http://www.cheryldragon.com/
11. What are your future goals for your writing?
More erotic romance, erotica, and maybe dabble in some mysteries. I just want to write and for readers to enjoy it. If someday I could write full time that'd be great but the structure of a day job makes me more efficient, I think.
12. Can you describe a typical writing day for you?
I draft in the morning and at lunch. In the evenings I'll edit and do email/online stuff.
13. Why do you write?
The voices in my head won't shut up any other wayJ
14. What writer most inspires you? Why?
I want to be Angela Knight when I grow up.
15. How do you define your writing?
I don't really define it necessarily. It's always evolving. I explore characters and build stories around them working out their issues to find love, fulfilling sex lives, and a happy ending.
16. In one sentence-what do you want people to say about your writing in fifty years?
That's one hot read!
Cheryl Dragon the details:
17. Can you tell us where to find more information on you? Website? Blog?
- Is there a place where readers can reach you?
Email through http://www.cheryldragon.com/
- Can you list all your book titles so people can look for them?
I'm Okay, You're Dead (psychic suspense with The Lotus Circle)
I'm Okay, You're A Fake (psychic suspense with The Lotus Circle)
An Extreme Haunting Ellora's Cave
One Hot Experiment Ellora's Cave
Bad Brad Loose Id
Sorority Girl Pledge Time Loose Id
Vegas Style Ellora's Cave
Black on Blonde Elloras' Cave (Feb 08)
Inking Aaron Loose Id (April 08)
20. For new readers-what can they expect when they read your book(s)?
My books are fast paced reads, extremely explicit, and true to the characters in them. Everyone wants to be loved and feel free to be themselves in bed (or wherever they're naked) and I want that for my characters!
- Take as much space as necessary to speak to our readers-what would you like them to know about you and your writing?
I love good stories. Mostly I write erotic romance but I also write suspense with a psychic twist. It's about the characters for me and as hot as the books get, it's always about the charactersJ